ASP.NET Full Stack Developer - Full-Time
Sidekick Interactive is a young and dynamic company which primarily develops mobile applications (native iOS and native Android solutions) for a variety of different clients. We’ve worked on innovative and challenging projects for the City of Montreal, City of Laval, car2go, multiple startups, European clients, and fortune 500 companies. We touch various industries such as medtech, construction, tourism, and more. We primarily do custom work for our clients as well as develop multiple in-house projects. All our apps are programmed entirely natively, and we love to tackle challenging tech problems, like 3D scans and Bluetooth Mesh.
Our company is growing and we need more help! Although we are primarily a mobile development company, our more sophisticated apps require backends that are built on top of Microsoft technologies (Azure Cloud, ASP.NET Core, C#, SQL Databases, Azure Storage, etc), as well as administrative frontend web views built with Angular. The ideal candidate is a full stack ASP.NET developer who can handle front-end work with Angular, but it should be noted that most of the significant workload will be back-end, and so this knowledge is more of a priority. Most of the projects we are working on are technically challenging, so you should be comfortable with problem solving, and implementing solid software engineering principles.
Why Work With Us?
- Fun and friendly team
- Flexible hours
- Free coffee for super coding
- Open office in downtown Montreal, on Sainte-Catherine Street near Place des Arts metro
- Work on cool, new innovative projects
- Create fully custom and original web apps
- Take on a significant role
- Learn and improve with the rest of the team (we love a good technical software engineering debate)
- Develop backends for mobile applications using ASP.NET Core API
- Model and implement databases with Entity Framework
- Develop web frontend views for administrator web portals (to manage the mobile applications) with Angular
- Develop server side logic for features like push notifications and alerts
- Take part in planning, technical discussions, and problem solving. We are looking for someone who can actively contribute to solutions.
- Write some documentation
- Manage CI/CD pipelines
- Manage deployments of resources to the Azure cloud
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or any related field
- At least 3 years of experience with ASP.NET Core
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs
- Entity Framework
- Good understanding of relational database modeling
- Good understanding of software engineering principles, and ability to write clean and understandable code.
- Familiar with GIT code repositories
- Writing unit tests
- Documenting your work
- Great front-end experience
- Good with UX and discussing designs
- Strong On-Premise SQL Server and Windows Server knowledge (one of our clients requires an on-premise solution)
- Experience with Azure Cloud
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Delivery / Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with Agile development
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Some knowledge of Machine Learning / AI (completely not necessary short term, but could be interesting for some future projects in the pipeline)
- Able and willing to learn new technologies. We are a small team, so the more flexible each team member is the easier we can adapt.
- Good in math
- Quick learner
- Easy to discuss problems with
- Able to validate your own work
- Problem solver
- Passionate about technologies and keeping up with latest trends
- Calm temperament, even in stressful situations
- Able to work in a team
- Plays Super Smash Bros. *
* Not required, but always a plus