Client : City of Montreal
The City of Montreal was looking for a modern solution to better communicate the snow-removal schedule for streets, a great source of frustration for Montrealers. Also, car tows due to parking restrictions cause large inefficiencies to the flow of the municipal snow removal operation.
Create a mobile app which allows the city to communicate the snow removal status and schedule through their open-data portal, on a street by street basis with a simple color code. Citizens can save targeted street sides to receive notifications, which allows them to plan their parking more efficiently.
- More than 170,000 downloads
- Over 30M in-app queries
- Validating of big need in terms of niche municipal mobile applications
- Winner of INFO-Neige MTL challenge
- Finalist of Dans l'oeil de l'AQTR
- Finalist of the World Smart City Awards 2016 in the Project category
I would like to congratulate Sidekick Interactive for participating throughout the défi Info-Neige process and, more particularly, for having won the jury first prize for its innovative proposition.